Why Are Used Ford Explorers So Cheap? If you’re in the market for a used SUV, you may have noticed that used Ford Explorers are often priced lower than other SUVs in their class.
This may lead you to wonder why they are so cheap, and whether or not they are a reliable option for your transportation needs.
In this article, we will explore the reasons behind the low prices of used Ford Explorers.
Also answer some commonly asked questions about their reliability, best years, and whether or not they are worth buying.
So, let’s dive in and find out why used Ford Explorers are so affordable.
Also read: Why Are Used Audis So Cheap?
Why Are Used Ford Explorers So Cheap?
There are a few reasons why used Ford Explorers are often priced lower than other SUVs in their class. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- Depreciation: Like all vehicles, the Ford Explorer experiences depreciation over time. As a result, the price of a used Explorer will naturally be lower than the price of a new one. This means that even a well-maintained, low-mileage Explorer can be found at a lower price point than a new model.
- Competition: The midsize SUV market is a highly competitive one, with many options available to consumers. As a result, sellers of used Ford Explorers may need to price their vehicles lower in order to attract buyers in a crowded market.
- Reliability Concerns: While the Ford Explorer has a loyal following, it has also had some reliability concerns over the years. These concerns can make some buyers hesitant to purchase a used Explorer, which can drive down the price.
- Fuel Efficiency: Another factor that can contribute to the lower price of used Ford Explorers is their fuel efficiency. Some buyers may find the Explorer less appealing due to its relatively low fuel economy when compared to smaller and more efficient SUVs.
Is the Ford Explorer a Reliable Option for a Used Car?
The reliability of the Ford Explorer has been a topic of discussion for many years.
Although there have been some concerns over the years, people generally consider the Explorer to be a reliable vehicle.
Here are some factors to consider when evaluating the reliability of a used Ford Explorer:
- Maintenance: As with any vehicle, regular maintenance is key to keeping a Ford Explorer running smoothly. Regular oil changes, tire rotations, and other maintenance tasks can help prevent costly repairs down the road.
- Model Year: Some model years of the Ford Explorer have had more reliability concerns than others. For example, the 2011 Explorer had some issues with the engine and transmission, while the 2016 model year had few reported problems. When considering a used Explorer, it’s important to research the reliability of the specific model year you’re interested in.
- Mileage: Like all vehicles, the more miles a Ford Explorer has on it, the more wear and tear it will have experienced. While high mileage doesn’t necessarily mean a vehicle is unreliable, it’s important to inspect a high-mileage Explorer thoroughly and take its history into consideration.
Proper maintenance and care can make the Ford Explorer a reliable used car overall.
Which Year is The Best for A Used Ford Explorer?
To determine the best year for a used Ford Explorer, it’s important to consider personal preferences and individual needs. Specifically, many consider certain model years to be the best options for a used Ford Explorer:
- 2016: The 2016 Ford Explorer received a significant redesign, with improved fuel efficiency, handling, and interior features. It also had few reported problems compared to previous model years.
- 2014: The 2014 Ford Explorer had a comfortable ride, a spacious interior, and a wide range of standard features. It also had good safety ratings and was available with a variety of engine options.
- 2013: The 2013 Ford Explorer received a refresh that included updated styling, improved technology, and a new engine option. It also had good safety ratings and was available with features like adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring.
Ultimately, the best year for a used Ford Explorer will depend on your individual needs and preferences, as well as the condition and history of the specific vehicle you are considering.
Also Read: Why Are Teslas So Cheap?
Are Ford Explorers Worth Buying?
While the low price of used Ford Explorers may be tempting, it’s important to evaluate whether or not they are worth buying. Here are some factors to consider:
- Budget: If you are working with a tight budget, a used Ford Explorer may be a good option. Their lower pricing compared to other midsize SUVs can make them a more affordable choice.
- Needs: The Ford Explorer offers plenty of space for passengers and cargo, making it a good choice for families or anyone who needs a lot of space in their vehicle. However, if you don’t need the extra space, there may be other, more fuel-efficient options available.
- Reliability: With proper maintenance and care, one can rely on the Ford Explorer as a used car. However, if reliability is a top priority for you, it may be worth considering other options with a stronger track record for dependability.
Ultimately, whether or not a used Ford Explorer is worth buying will depend on your individual needs, budget, and preferences.
How Many Miles is Too Many for a Used Ford Explorer?
As with any vehicle, the number of miles on a used Ford Explorer will impact its condition and reliability. While there is no hard and fast rule about how many miles is too many for a used Explorer, here are some factors to consider:
- Maintenance History: The maintenance history of a vehicle is an important factor to consider, regardless of its mileage. A well-maintained Explorer with high mileage may be a better choice than a low-mileage Explorer with a spotty maintenance record.
- Wear and Tear: The more miles a vehicle has, the more wear and tear it will have experienced. A high-mileage Explorer may have more worn parts or need more repairs than a low-mileage Explorer.
- Price: The price of a used Explorer will generally decrease as the mileage increases. Considering potential repair costs is crucial when deciding if a high-mileage Explorer is worth it for someone on a tight budget.
Ultimately, the right mileage for a used Ford Explorer will depend on the individual vehicle and its maintenance history.
Although other midsize SUVs may have higher prices, used Ford Explorers are not necessarily a bad choice
Factors like depreciation, competition, reliability concerns, and fuel efficiency can all contribute to the lower price of used Explorers.
When considering a used Explorer, it’s important to evaluate factors like maintenance, model year, and mileage to determine its reliability and value.
Before purchasing a used Ford Explorer, it’s important to research and consider your individual needs, even though it can be a reliable car.